Your wall-mounted heat pump serves as both heating in the winter and air conditioning in the summer. It is at your service year-round, ensuring constant peace of mind, day after day. However, cleaning your heat pump is essential to ensure your comfort. To be as efficient as the first day it was installed, your condo heat pump needs to be cleaned to prevent the build-up of dust, allergens and mold.
Forgetting to clean a wall-mounted condo heat pump: Is it really a big deal?
Many homeowners are equipped with a wall-mounted heat pump when they purchase a condo. This air-conditioning and heating system is ideal for condominiums, since no ducts are required. Nevertheless, many homeowners don’t realize the importance of regular maintenance of their heating and air-conditioning systems, especially when it comes to cleaning.
Two possible explanations:
- Lack of knowledge: Condo owners may not be aware of the importance of regular maintenance of their air conditioning and heating system (wall-mounted heat pump), or may not know how to go about it.
- Forget or neglect: Regular heat pump cleaning can easily be forgotten or neglected, especially if there are no reminders from the condominium corporation or automated systems to signal when it’s time to do it.
However, whatever the reason for neglect, it’s important to remember that regular cleaning of the air conditioning system is essential to ensure good indoor air quality, extend the life of the system and save on energy costs in the long term.
Just a reminder – when you own your condo, you’re responsible for the private portion, and therefore for your heat pump, while the syndicate is only responsible for repairs to common areas.
What are the benefits of regular cleaning of a wall-mounted condo heat pump?
Regular cleaning of your wall-mounted heat pump has a number of advantages: it’s a short-term investment that can save you money and protect your health in the long term.
It is required to clean your air conditioning unit – wall-mounted at least once a year. However, during periods of heavy use such as the summer, it’s a good idea to clean your system before the summer period.
Some benefits to consider:
- Air quality: Wall-mounted heat pumps can have an impact on your condo’s indoor air quality. If filters, especially reusable filters, are not cleaned regularly: dust, allergens, pollens and other impurities accumulate in the air and can affect your health.
- Health: The quality of the air inside your condo can have an impact on your health and that of your family. By regularly cleaning your wall-mounted heat pump, you can reduce the risk of allergies, asthma and other respiratory problems.
- Energy performance: A dirty wall-mounted heat pump will be less efficient, which means it will have to work harder to maintain a comfortable temperature in your condo. This can lead to higher energy consumption and higher electricity bills.
- Lifespan: A dirty wall-mounted heat pump may have a shorter lifespan, as the accumulation of dirt and dust can cause premature wear of components.
- Maintenance: A well-maintained wall-mounted heat pump will require less maintenance and costly repairs in the long term.
Why contact a specialized company?
It’s important for condo owners to take steps to regularly clean their heating and air conditioning systems, including calling in professionals to be able to get proper maintenance.
Calling in professionals to clean heating and air conditioning systems is an important step to take to ensure that systems operate efficiently and safely. Professionals have the skills, tools and knowledge to clean systems thoroughly and identify any potential problems that could affect system performance or safety.
Why choose Duraclim?
Duraclim is a company specializing in wall and central heat pump cleaning, as well as duct and vent cleaning for residential, commercial and industrial applications. Our Duraclim cleaning experts receive ongoing training and comply with industry standards.
The group offer for condominium owners can be interesting, as it allows you to benefit from a preferential rate (reduced maintenance costs) for cleaning heat pumps throughout the building. This offer is advantageous for condominium owners because it reduces individual cleaning costs and ensures that all systems are cleaned consistently and professionally.
Schedule your cleaning!
Take advantage of it to clean the ducts of your air exchanger and your dryer vent!